- 15-Feb-2017 to 16-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Newark, DE, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm with occasional overtime hours
Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees' time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Distribute and collect timecards each pay period.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, etc.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments.
- Complete wage statements for verifications of employment.
- Complete time sheets showing employees' arrival and departure times.
- Prepare and balance period-end reports, and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements.
- Coordinate special programs that involve payroll deductions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Track and record attendance for all departments and employees.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) Required, Field of
Study: Finance or Accounting
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of
Study: Finance or Accounting
Experience: 6 plus months of experience in payroll administration
Computer Skills: MS Office, Outlook, Excel, in-house data systems
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.